A Marketing Class

3:03 AM

Here's a hint, reader..
Now that I continue my degree in master in Magister Manajemen IPB, Bogor I think there's a lot of things to write in this blog again. I had a dull life after graduating in my bachelor degree, I don't know where to go. But then something move me, after my trip to Ende now I know what to do with my goal. Helping each other, and one of the way to pursue it by continuing to my master degree in IPB :)

Graduating from Engineering University, ITS, made me very strict to solve a problem just from the technical way. But when I enter a management school, well it was really change my point of view. A decision is not make by technical thing only, but also from management side.

One subject that I wait the most is Marketing Management Class. During my bachelor degree I want take this class as elective course but sadly the administration of my faculty deleted it just right at the semester I want to take this class. Hahaha, but I think I get a payback. Now I have it with a real marketeer as my professors.

I love marketing, but I don't think I'm not a marketeer person. I just amaze that how marketing can impact our brain to buy a product or even make that product as our lifestyle. That's the beauty of the marketing that I still  try to find the answer of it. Prof. Ujang Sumarwan, one of my professor, said that actually marketing is simple. It is how you persuade the potential consumer to be attracted with your product. Well the way how to attract your consumer, now that's a bit complicated but it is possible to learn.

Even for our self, marketing is needed because with marketing people will know which kind of person we are and this is the way we can be known specialized in one or two things, a self branding. It is true, I think in this era branding yourself will make you stand out among the other. It needs a lot of effort but once people know your specialization they will looking for you.

As far as I know marketing needs a lot of historical data, from there we analyze and make the strategy how to win our consumer heart.We need a precise time, place and event to make our brand being remembered in our consumer's mind. It will be better when we can win our consumer's loyalty to our product.

Geezz... it is really easy to say it in theory, but the real thing is a bit harder. So that's why I need a marketing class. hehe.
By the way, you should check out my prof blog here. A hipster prof that love to follow the trend :D
While checking his blog, you can also read his book


Lecture Notes based on book by Ujang Sumarwan, Agus Djunaidi, Aviliani, H.C Royke Singgih, Jusup Agus Sayino, Rico R. Budidarmo, Sofyan Rambe. 2009. Pemasaran Strategik :Strategis untuk Pertumbuhan Perusahaan dalam Penciptaan Nilai bagi Pemegang Saham(Strategic Marketing: Strategy for Corporate Growth in Creating Share Holder Value). Jakarta. Inti Prima.


Sumarwan, U., Achmad Fachrodji., Adman Nursal., Arissetyanto Nugroho., Erry Ricardo Nurzal., Ign Anung Setiadi., Suharyono., Zeffry Alamsyah. Cetakan ke 2.2011. Pemasaran Strategik: Perspektif Value-Based Marketing dan Pengukuran Kinerja Strategic Marketing: Value Based and Performance Measurement Perspectives). Bogor, IPB Press.

Well, as a marketeer you should follow your consumer's trend, shouldn't you? :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Warung Blogger

Flickr Images